Where the dogs of society howl, You can't plant me in your penthouse, I'm going back to my plough.
I have to say that this is one of my favorite songs from Elton John. When Lindsay asked the design team to create a card using a song as our inspiration, I really didn't know what I was going to do. So I started going through the images and when I saw this one from Funky Forest, I couldn't stop singing that song. I then googled it and saw the album cover and I knew exactly what I wanted to do.
So using the colors from this picture:
and made this acetate card:
The card was actually pretty simple. The acetate was a piece of printed 12x12 that I got in a kit and really had no idea what I was going to use it for. I added the image on the back of the cover so it was showing through the front and then added a couple rub-ons.
Easy peasy :) Now hop over to the other DT members and see what they have for you today.

7 comments:
How cool is this? I love acetate cards! Beautiful job!
How fun! I love how you used the acetate! Great job.
Oh, how fun, such a cute card!
uhhhhh this is awesome. Love the clear acetate..... and perfect perfect card for the Yellow Brick Road album. AWESOME. (That is such a great album)
Totally great idea! I love the brick road and your coloring of the sun is fab!
What a great scene! Love what you've done with it...you used the acetate perfectly, too!
Cute card - I have some acetate that I haven't used either - thanks for the fabulous idea! :)
Post a Comment