Followers

I've been published!!!

To see the details of my card please go to this post.

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Baby shower card

Now this isn't my typical idea of a baby shower card but I love how it turned out.

I was asked to make a card for a friend at work who had to go to a baby shower at the end of the month, so originally I planned on using a little bear for it. After showing her an image she saw my Ebony card and wanted something like that.

Well, I have never really done much altering but all of a sudden it clicked (don't you just love when that happens LOL). Cupie baby from Bugaboo Stamps was just the perfect candidate for this project, he got a shirt and boots added to him along with the skull on his t-shirt (apparently the mom loves the skull and bones theme). From there the sentiment came along (with a little help from Jennifer Woodbury....thanks girl!!).

So here is the final card, what do you think?




6 comments:

Rae Anne said...

Oh Tanya, this came out so well!!! It literally parties like a rock star and rocks like a hurricane! :D Great job!

JulyeB said...

Hiya, love the card, it looks real fun, forgive my ignorance but we don't have baby showers in the uk, when do you have them is it after the baby is born, before or when and if before how do you know its a boy, I know I'm a little dense or slow but would love to know more about baby showers. If its just another excuse for a party tell me more and maybe I could start the trend off in the Uk as we always seem to be years behind the USA.Thanks for sharing and love the card Julye

sgc said...

Tanya--love the card! I was looking for an image to use on a baby card; this may be my inspiration!

Jodie Mackrell said...

Love it! very cute! Julye, I know here in Canada I had mine before the baby was born. If you dont' know what the baby is, its based along the more generic baby stuff that will suit both ;)
They are so much fun! My little one had a pile of clothese to suit her till she was two, toys, diapers, blankets you name it!

Gabby said...

Oh that is adorable!!!

Karin said...

How cute!