Followers

I've been published!!!

To see the details of my card please go to this post.

Monday, April 05, 2010

So goodbye yellow brick road....

Where the dogs of society howl, You can't plant me in your penthouse, I'm going back to my plough.

I have to say that this is one of my favorite songs from Elton John.  When Lindsay asked the design team to create a card using a song as our inspiration, I really didn't know what I was going to do.  So I started going through the images and when I saw this one from Funky Forest, I couldn't stop singing that song.  I then googled it and saw the album cover and I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

So using the colors from this picture:


 and made this acetate card:


The card was actually pretty simple.  The acetate was a piece of printed 12x12 that I got in a kit and really had no idea what I was going to use it for.  I added the image on the back of the cover so it was showing through the front and then added a couple rub-ons.

Easy peasy :)  Now hop over to the other DT members and see what they have for you today.

7 comments:

Patti said...

How cool is this? I love acetate cards! Beautiful job!

Cheryl said...

How fun! I love how you used the acetate! Great job.

Lindsay Weirich said...

Oh, how fun, such a cute card!

Micki said...

uhhhhh this is awesome. Love the clear acetate..... and perfect perfect card for the Yellow Brick Road album. AWESOME. (That is such a great album)

Karin said...

Totally great idea! I love the brick road and your coloring of the sun is fab!

raindropecho said...

What a great scene! Love what you've done with it...you used the acetate perfectly, too!

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

Cute card - I have some acetate that I haven't used either - thanks for the fabulous idea! :)